Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New FOTD: Indian Bridal Inspired (my way)

Hi Beauties!

So, a few days ago I asked you beauties for some makeup look inpiration. Thank you so much for your feedback! I don't think I'll ever run out of ideas now!!!

Here's what I ended up doing that day. I even recorded a video tutorial. Coming soon.

What do you think?

From my research I found that this look should be very dramatic. Customarily that is how Indian/Pakistani brides wear their makeup on their wedding day. The traditional dress and jewelry donned on the big day is very dramatic and the makeup is worn to match.

I made the look more pink and burgundy than the traditional red tones.

For the lips, a burgundy or wine lip is traditional and I ended up using MAC Rebel since it's more pinkish than burgundy. Personally, I would prefer a more toned down lip.


XOXO,
Awilda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...