Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tanning Safely

Hi Beauties,

It's that time of year again when people want to look glowy and tanned. Every day people flock to the beaches to roast in the sun for hours in order to appear slimmer, healthier and sun kissed. However, tanning is far from healthy. Tanned skin is basically dead (burned) skin cells from the UV rays of the sun. We've all heard the warnings about the possibility of skin cancer (Melanoma) caused from tanning. 

The whole topic actually reminds me of smoking. People have been told for over 30 years about the risks of smoking, yet people still put their lives and the lives of others at risk (not to mention, the ugly smokers gray/dull skin). These types of fatal illnesses are avoidable.

4 years ago, I would the first planning trips to the beach with my friends and sometimes even alone just to get some extra color. Today, I wear SPF 50 every day. I now tan safely.

If you remember my post from my Miami vacation, I told you all about my spray tan at SOBEtan. Since then, I have really been into self tanners at home and I urge you to try them also. There is no reason for people to take the warnings about skin diseases lightly. You can get a beautiful, natural looking tan right at home and not have to worry about premature again skin, "leather" looking skin, skin disease.

A few of my favorite Products are:
St Tropez Bronzing Mousse



St Tropez Bronzing Spray


Have you tried any of these yet? How do you feel about tanning?

XOXO,
Awilda

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...